Monday, July 25, 2016

1970-Drag racing

My Dad's drag racing career supported all of us for many years, it was his favorite job.  Lots of traveling to different places during part of school and through summer.

1st photo shows what my Mom and I wore, look at those boots.  lol

2nd photo shows me excitedly jumping in air after my Dad won the race wearing one of his racing shirts, we also wore hang ten shirts.  I usually stood on the racetrack a little behind his bike with my arms, fingers and legs crossed for luck.  He fell one time at Irwindale Drag Strip when I wasn't crossing arms, fingers and legs and as a child I thought it was my fault so from then I always crossed them.
My family in the winner's circle with Wally Parks.  Mom and I wearing our matching shirts she had made.

No comments:

Post a Comment